Thursday, 18 May 2017

Whimsy Stamps May Release–day 2

I’m back with two cards featuring stamps from the Whimsy Stamps  May release.  I don’t think I’ve seen stamps specifically aimed at sympathy cards for the loss of a pet, these are very different from the run of the mill.

I kept the cards simple, although I did manage to sneak flowers on the first one!  I used the Rainbow Bridge stamp set for this card.

bev-rochester-whimsy-rainbow-bridge

The focal point was really easy to create, I stamped the bridge onto watercolour paper with Weathered Wood distress ink then lightly spread the colour with a damp paintbrush to give a watercolour effect.  I added some grass detail using a distress ink marker.

bev-rochester-whimsy-rainbow-bridge1


My second card is a total and unashamed case of a few cards and ideas I saw on Pinterest.  I’ve used the Fur Ever In Our Hearts stamp set for this one.

bev-rochester-whimsy-furever-in-our-hearts

I glittered the layers of the wings with Distress Glitter.  The bone tag is a template I got off the internet, I painted that and the heart with silver paint and once try stamped on them with Stazon ink.

bev-rochester-whimsy-furever-in-our-hearts1

Pop back tomorrow for another card featuring the Peony Die Set that I designed.  I’ll be doing a give away for that die set tomorrow as well.

15 comments:

  1. Bev these are PERFECT for people who've sadly lost fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh these are just perfect for the sad occasion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your sympathy card. Love the way you did the bridge. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Bev very fitting for their theme love the delicate colours of the first card and the sentiment is just so perfect, and those angel wings are just fab on the second . look forward to seeing tomorrow's card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so perfect for those sad occassions.
    I have saved this fo inspiration as i have to make two sympathy cards in the last two months and was so stuck for ideas. i didn't want it to plain but then not to
    fancy but this is stunning and the stamp is just so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful card
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely idea. Gorgeous idea. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bev, both of these cards are just beautiful, they convey the emotion of the stamp set. Thank you for sharing such lovely cards with these sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Bev thanks for sharing and love the rainbow bridge poem - it got me through some sad days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. j aime beaucoup la seconde carte avec les ailes ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great cards Bev..perfect for such a sad time x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i never realized how much a sympathy card could really help you heal when you lost a beloved pet. I lost my sweet little guy, Tony, three weeks ago yesterday. I was blessed to have him for 17 years, but that was indeed not long enough. I'm startinng to tear up, so I will stop commenting now, but I really love this set and will use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a wonderful card Bev, love those wings and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My poor fur baby is so ill at the moment, I love these cards and when the worst happens I'd be proud to receive a card like this. Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails